It’s Sunday, It’s raining..again.
The sun is shining, everywhere is dry… OH wait, we live in England.
Instead of being super bored for the entire day, moaning that it’s a waste of a day and nature hates us and we only ever get 4 sunny days in England, take a look below at some easy date day idea’s to do in the rain!
- Go bowling – It’s like £6.19 at Hollywood bowl and student discount is available too! You can shove on jeans and a hoodie and this is still perfectly acceptable with those lovely red blue and white shoes..
- Go on a rainy day shopping spree – Whats the reason you’re stuck inside? Head into town and buy each other those cute rain coats (that are possibly only acceptable to wear at festivals) but you forget all about them when it isn’t raining. Orr just head straight to H&M and get another outfit that you probably don’t need.. Crop tops for £3.99, everyone needs those!
- Go out – find a Cafe with a big window. Sit by the window and sip hot chocolate whilst making plans for another day.. or laugh at everyone getting soaked outside. (You can laugh cause it’s gonna be you in a while!).
- Eat – Go and eat too much food. When it rains we head straight to a Carvery. We eat our body weight then struggle to walk out, then we head straight home to put PJ’s on and chill with our food comas.
- House projects – Whether you wanna change one room or the entire house, nip out, grab magazines and catalogs and sit there and start getting ideas. ( I did this but actually just ended up making a photo collage and putting 7 strings of fairy lights up..)
- Go Ghost Hunting – Every town or city has some old places to check out, so try it.
- Arcade – An arcade doesn’t have to be expensive (unless you’re me and you REALLY need that £2 teddy from the Claw grabber..) Give yourself a budget, it’s like 50p to play air hockey and beat your OH, then you can be smug for the entire day too.
- Book a short break – You can book short breaks online with a deposit of like £20. OR if you go onto booking.com, on most of the hotels you don’t have to pay until you arrive. This means plenty of time to save.
- Board games – When was the last time you actually played a board game? Dust them off from the cupboard and give it ago. Again, if you win, you can be smug all day..
- Netflix and Chill – I love Netflix. Whoever invented the idea of Netflix is in my opinion, a god of their own. Put some PJ’s on, Face masks (Which your OH clearly does wanna do but just not when he’s being a “LAD”) and snuggle with a Netflix series. You’ll be surprised how much you get through.
- Go to a water park – Water world in stoke is huge. It’s around £10 each and you can be in there for hours!
- Play The SIMS – I recently downloaded this on my mac and have been playing it since. I keep building houses and being like “This is gonna be our house”. Sims is a guilty pleasure and Dan loves to pretend he doesn’t like it and then gets involved.
Don’t Mind Getting Wet..?
- Walk – Put your wellies on, act like a kid and go splash in puddles. Get your OH to take some photos so you have memories too! Anyone can get photos plus theres no one around if you feel awkward about posing. (I strongly recommend not doing this in jeans..wet jeans hurt.)
Failing all of this, just do the obvious…