It’s November, the days are short, the nights are long.. and the snow flake came on my car’s dashboard this week which means – It’s Officially winter!
Climbing into bed on Tuesday night, I needed a pick me up of sugar whilst i binge watched Netflix – So came across a recipe for Mug cake and swapped a few bits to make it Gluten Free! It was beaut, so clearly, I need to share the recipe with you!
Ingredients you need:
- 4 tbsp Gluten Free self raising (SR) flour
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil
- A few drops vanilla or other essence (orange, peppermint etc)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips/nuts/raisins etc (optional, but why not?)
Use the largest mug you have to avoid it overflowing in the microwave!
- Add the flour, sugar and cocoa powder to the mug and mix.
- Add the egg to the mixture. Mix in as much as you can but don’t worry if there’s still dry mix left.
- Add all the other ingredients apart from the chocolate chips etc (if you are adding) and mix until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and/or the nuts/raisins and mix well.
- Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave and cook on high for 4-5 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch. Watch it rise as it cooks!
- Let it stand for 30 seconds – 1 Minute.
Add some cream or ice-cream on top – and you’re done!