It’s cold, it’s dark by like 4pm and although we’re only a few days away from Christmas, i’ve never felt less Christmassy..
SO GIVE ME ALL THE CARBS!
I got in from work not knowing what I fancied for dinner, and I was really annoying myself. So Of course, it had to be something with chips (I really needed the carb input..) so Garbage fries it is!
So, heres a super easy way of making them in less than 20 minutes!
You need –
- 2 Potatoes sliced into chips (keep the skin on)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Red Chilli
- 2 Salad Tomatos
- Spring Onions
- Smoked Bacon
- Cheder & Red Leicester Cheese (grated)
- Slice your potatoes into chips, keep the skin on and get them in the fryer or oven ASAP.
- Dice the tomato, Slice the Chillis and Spring onions.
- Cut your bacon into cubes, and fry it until it’s crispy in a little olive oil.
- Grate the cheese.
- Get your chips out and drain the excess oil off of them.
- Fry your eggs – We want runny yolks!
- Add salt and pepper to taste and shake them to even out the seasoning.
- Add your chips to an oven proof dish and sprinkle the cheese on top – pop them in the oven for 4-6 minutes so the cheese melts.
- Get the chips out, sprinkle your crispy bacon, spring onions, chillis, and diced tomato on top.
- Add your Eggs on top and sprinkle with paprika and Parsley and the left over grated cheese.
I had mine with loads of Sour Cream, and it definitely filled the Carb Craving! This fed 2 of us and there was still LOADS left…Oooops.
The best thing about this is it’s naturally Gluten Free so there is no need to swap anything!