Excuse the bad photo on my featured photo! It’s a photo of a video from the most incredible pancakes I had last year.
It’s exactly a week today until pancake day and it’s only last year i had amazing pancakes. Before then they were pretty standard and stodgy due to the Gluten Free flour and ratios we mixed.
Here’s my top 10 pancake toppings ready for next week!
- Nutella Pancakes! Pop the Nutella inside the pancakes and fold them over whilst they’re still in the pan, this way it melts. Serve them with orange, cherries, grapes, vanilla ice cream and maple syrup – All these flavours should be okay together, but they SO are!
- Bacon and Maple Syrup. You can never go wrong with smoked bacon and syrup. Super simple but SO nice.
- Peanut Butter and Banana. The banana breaks the peanut butter up so they’re not super sickly.
- White Chocolate and Strawberry. – Melt the white chocolate and add into the middle of the pancakes, slice some strawberry too! Roll them up so theres filling all over.
- Lemon or Orange Juice and Sugar. – It’s simple, easy, and works. Seems plain, but they’re full of flavour.
- Sliced Peaches and Cream – add a little bit of sugar too so it’s a little sweeter.
- Full English Pancakes – Sausage, Bacon, Egg, Tomato – Any excuse to have a fry up, and adding pancakes just makes it better.
- Pizza Pancakes – Make your pancakes as usual, add a pinch more salt, fry, then add tomato paste, cheese and toppings of your choice, place under the grill for 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Chocolate Orange Pancakes. – Add a spoon of coco powder into your pancake mix, fry up, serve with Orange juice poured over them, chocolate orange pieces, fresh orange.
- Rainbow Pancakes – Add some food colouring into the pancake mix and fry as normal. These need some sort of topping too – but th ey look pretty cool.
Give at least one of these a go, tag me in your post and let me know what you think!