Hey! So, On Sunday, Dan and I went to the City ground to watch Forest play (this was his idea of a date day) – and it was actually good! They won 2-1.
On the way back I gave dan literally 12 options of what he could have for dinner that i didn’t mind cooking. He still ended up not picking, so I picked and we had seafood pasta. It was SO good – if i do say so myself!
It’s really easy to make too! Here’s the recipe –
- 2 Red Onions
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Basil
- Guten Free Pasta (Morrisons is my fave)
- Double Cream
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Squid Sliced into Rings
- Muscles – shelled or de-shelled – this is up to you!
- Olive Oil
- Add a little Olive Oil to a large pan.
- Chop the garlic and red onion into small chunks and pop it in the pan and let it fry off.
- Dice your Parsley and your basil.
- Add your sea food (but not the squid) into the pan and let it warm up.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour in 3/4 of a pint of double cream and turn the heat down to simmer.
- Add your cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- Add your Squid
- Add your Parsley and Basil and stir
- Leave to simmer for 15 minutes on the lowest heat
- Boil your pasta and drain it (11 minutes is usually enough time for GF)
- Wash off any starch left on the pasta
- Pour your sauce into the pasta saucepan – mix and serve.
Serve with a Green Salad or/and garlic bread.
It’s super easy and makes a really tasty meal!