So, last week I could hardly eat a thing – I had a google for soft meal ideas and found nothing. Dan was coming to stay so I didn’t want to just give him bland mash potatoes – I had a look at what we had in and made a meal, that honestly – was SO good!
- 2 Large baking Potatoes
- Chorizo Sausage
- 1 Pack of Bacon Lardons (we had smoked bacon in)
- 12 Cherry Tomatos
- 4 Spring Onions
- 50g Cheese (grated) – We used Cheddar
- Flat Leaf Parsley (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
I also used 2 small cake pans. This in my opinion cooked it better and kept everything together.
Pre Heat Oven To Gas Mark 5.
- Peel 2 large potatoes & Cut into Small chunks. Pop into boiling (slightly salted) water and leave for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the potatoes are boiling, pour a small amount of oil into the cake tins and pop them into the oven to heat up.
- Slice your Chorizo, we used 2/4 of the Chorizo sausages from the pack and this was enough.
- Over a low heat, add a tea spoon of oil in a pan, pop your bacon lardons to brown off.
- Pop the Chorizo into a pan after a few minutes and keep moving everything around.
- Once browned off, take off the heat and put to one side.
- Drain your potatoes.
- Remove the cake tins from the oven and pop your potatoes into them. Leave a circle of space in the middle.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and pop back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- whilst the potatoes are roasting, cut your tomatoes and slice your spring onions.
- Remove potatoes from the oven, and mix in the bacon and chorizo. Add your salt, pepper & tomatoes too. Stir together and again, push to the sides to leave a circle empty in the middle.
- After 5-10 minutes remove from the oven, make sure theres oil in the middle of the pan, Crack ONE egg into the middle of each tin and pop back into the oven.
- Cook for 7 minutes.
- Chop your parsley & coriander (to taste).
- Remove from oven & sprinkle cheese, Parsley and coriander ontop. Add the Spring onion too.
- Pop back into the oven for another 3 minutes – to melt the cheese.
- Remove and eat straight from the pan.
I cooked mine for slightly longer as i don’t like runny eggs. For runny eggs yolks, use the timings above.
Let me know how you get on, theres loads of different variations of this dish as the main base of it is literally, eggs and potato!