It’s taken a while and i’ll explain why on a blog post that goes out in a couple of days – I’ve had the busiest time with changing jobs and launching a studio, so easy food has become my best friend (So i actually eat a meal and don’t eat 4 bags of crisps for dinner, which lets be honest – is ALWAYS the easiest option!)
A couple of weeks ago i posted an easy carbonara on the instagram (@Basicbee) and i was overwhelmed with the feedback it got in my DM’s so as promised – here is the recipe!
Whatcha need –
- 3 rashers of bacon
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 tub of light single cream (or double cream)
- 1/4 block of Parmasan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- sprinkle of chives
- Pasta twists of spaghetti, enough for two people
- Fry the onion and bacon for 10 mins.
- In a a seperate pan boil the pasta or spaghetti, when the pasta is cooked drain and add to a mixing bowl.
- Seperate the egg yolks from the egg whites and add the yolks to the cooked pasta, along with the cheese and cream, and then the bacon and onion from the frying pan.
- Sprinkle with the chives and serve, add salt and pepper to taste.
It’s literally that easy!