How’s isolation treating you…? Welcome back to my little corner of the internet.
I am in a rut. The days seem to be going quickly yet slowly at the same time.. If that makes sense. I’m on day 23 of “lock down” and i’m feeling like i haven’t done enough to warrant the amount of time i’ve had off from work.. I’m really missing work though, i can’t wait to get back.
Last week I got bored so out came the scales and I made some Gluten Free Banana bread. Banana bread is super easy to make and because of the moisture from the bananas, it’s pretty hard for it to become dry.. Theres a few ingredients we didn’t have in so i swapped them for other bits and it turned out really nice.. My mom couldn’t even tell it was Gluten Free either – which is a win win!
Here’s how i made it –
- 140g butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 140g gluten free self-raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 very ripe bananas
- Golden Syrup
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin – base and sides.
- Mix together 140g softened butter and 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the 140g flour.
- ‘Mush’ the bananas with a fork in a seperate bowl.
- Fold in the remaining flour, cinnamon and 2 mashed bananas.
- Add 1 tbs of golden syrup.
- Finely chop the chocolate and add to the mix.
- Pour into the tin and bake.
- Bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a cooling rack.
- Slice & Serve.
See! It’s super easy! Give it a go and see how it goes.
I would have added A LOT more chocolate – but i’m the only one that likes chocolate in my house..